The first priority of Carter BloodCare public relations team is to help raise awareness of the need for blood donations to save lives.
We ask that media members protect the privacy of donors not wishing to be on camera, and ask that anytime a member of the media covers a blood donation event, they adhere to the following guidelines:
- Coordinate with the public relations team to alert Carter BloodCare that you will be onsite.
- When capturing photos/video at the blood drive, please ask for the supervisor when you arrive. They will help you with the process of getting what you need. (We require donors to sign a photo/video release form – supervisors and/or drive coordinators will work with donors on this to get permission signature(s), and they will arrange for you to set up the photo/video shoot.)
- Additionally, we do not permit photos/video of needles being inserted or removed from the blood donors’ arms. Please help us to encourage blood donation by conceding to this process.
Easy messages to use when talking about blood donation:
- Each blood donation saves three lives.
- More than 1,000 donors are needed each day to keep blood on the shelves in hospitals in North, Central and East Texas.
- There is no substitute for human blood.
- Regular blood donation assures there is blood on the shelves during a disaster/crisis. Make a blood donation by setting up an appointment today.